Saturday, March 7, 2015

Oh Honey


For this next post, I’ll be sharing music from Oh Honey. Oh Honey is a folk, indie pop band from Brooklyn, New York. The band primarily consists of vocalist Danielle Bouchard and guitarist Mitchy Collins. Although, Robbie Ernst plays drums and Ian Holubiak also plays guitar. Mitchy and Danielle met through mutual friends and decided to start a band because of their love for music. I first heard of Oh Honey when I was browsing YouTube and came across their song “Be Okay”. The song had this summertime fun feel to it. It was a fun song that caught my attention and right when I heard this song, I wanted to hear more music from them. You might’ve heard “Be Okay” in a commercial for Chili’s. They’ve released 2 EP’s so far. The first being “With Love” and the second “Sincerely Yours”. Their next EP “Wish You Were Here” is set to be released on March 24th. I plan on seeing them play at the Beat Kitchen next month, as I have not seen them live yet. Both Mitchy and Danielle both sing on their songs and harmonize beautifully. When you hear their songs, I guarantee that their songs will get stuck in your head. Their band is named after an episode of How I Met Your Mother, which is awesome because that’s one of my favorite shows and also after the artisan, rooftop honey production movement in Brooklyn. As a bonus video, here’s their song “I Love You Will Still Sound The Same”:
 

1 comment:

  1. I like this video. If i could see them live i bet that would be great !!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!