Sunday, January 25, 2015

Gardiner Sisters


Since I'm a huge Paramore fan, I wanted to share this amazing cover of "Ain't It Fun" by the Gardiner Sisters. Last summer, I was on YouTube and came across this cover video and instantly became a fan. They all have beautiful voices and when they started harmonizing, it was amazing. Plus, who doesn’t love girls who sing and play music? I also love how raw and natural the performance is. No fancy video edits, just raw and acoustic. For me, if you can play a song simply on an acoustic guitar or piano and just sing, that’s all you need. Just keep it simple and I love how simple their version was.

Also, it’s very hard to top Paramore’s lead vocalist Hayley Williams because she is such an amazing singer but the Gardiner Sisters did it. I’ve seen Paramore perform live many times through the past couple of years and they are just so amazing live. If you’ve never seen them live, you have to at least once in your life. 

So back to the Gardiner sisters, they are from North Carolina. Occasionally they have other siblings in their music and videos but the main three sisters are Hailey, Allie, and Mandi. They post videos almost every week or every other week on YouTube, which is awesome because after watching their videos, I see that they all are beautiful, talented, and have amazing personalities. Hopefully one day, I can meet them and play music and jam with them. That would be awesome. They recently released a new EP called “Better”. So that’s the Gardiner Sisters! Go check them out! 

Here are some of the links to their websites and social media websites:

2 comments:

  1. I am a big Paramore fan too and I love this song, and I think they did a great job covering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a solid cover, I like it better than the real thing! I'm really not into anything Paramore has done over the past few years, but I do follow them consistently because one of my favorite drummers (Aaron Gillespie) often tours with them.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!