Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kacey Musgraves



For this post, I’ll be sharing music from Kacey Musgraves. She’s a 26 year old singer-songwriter from Mineola, Texas. I first heard of Kacey when I was watching music videos on the Country Music Television channel. I saw her debut single “Merry Go ‘Round” and instantly became a fan. There was something in that song that connected with me. I think it was her way of story telling. Also, her voice was so simple and yet so beautiful. “Merry Go ‘Round” was like nothing I’ve ever heard before. Right when I heard that song, I wanted to hear more music from her. She started guitar lessons at age 12 but started singing at the age of 10. She had a lot of inspiration from her Grandpa who had a room full of vinyl records. Her debut album “Same Trailer Different Park” came out 2 years ago back in March of 2013. I actually pre-ordered the album and got the album cover signed by Kacey herself, which was pretty cool of her to do. “Same Trailer Different Park” consisted of 12 songs, all of which were co-produced and co-written by her. I’ve seen Kacey perform live twice, once at Joe’s Bar on Weed St. and another at the Riviera Theatre. When I saw her at Joe’s Bar back in April of 2013, she was relatively unknown at the time but when I saw her at the Riv last September, people knew who she was. She has such a sweet personality and she’s so talented. I’m glad I got to see her perform before she won 2 Grammy Awards in 2013 for Best Country Song and Best Country Album, both of which are well deserved. Her second album is set to be released later this year and her first single of that new album will be called “Biscuits”, which will be released on March 17th. She performed this song when I saw her at the Riv and I’m pretty sure this song will be all over the radio soon enough. Here’s a little preview of “Biscuits”:

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!