Saturday, March 14, 2015

Maddie & Tae


The next artist I’ll be sharing with you is a country duo named Maddie and Tae. Maddie and Tae consist of Madison Marlow (Maddie) and Taylor Dye (Tae) and they both are 19 years old. Maddie is from Sugar Land, Texas and Tae is from Ada, Oklahoma. They met at the age of 15 and started performing together. They moved to Nashville after they graduated from high school to pursue their career in music. Their song “Girl In a Country Song” was released last summer and became number one on the country charts. Although that was their debut single, it wasn’t the first song I heard from Maddie and Tae. I heard about Maddie and Tae when they performed the song above, titled “Fly on “The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon” this past January. Since I’m a huge fan of Taylor Swift, “Fly” reminded me of pre “1989” Taylor Swift. “Fly” reminded me of when I heard Taylor’s song “Teardrops On My Guitar” for the first time. There was something about the emotion in “Fly” that caught my attention. Plus, they both sing and play guitar, which I love. I believe when more people find out about Maddie and Tae, they’ll be successful and will continue their careers in music because they both write, sing, and play their music. When you write and play your own music, this is a huge advantage in the music business. I know they’ll be around for a long time. Their debut album “Start Here” is due out in June so be on the look out for that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I like hearing these sort success stories. I didn't know about this group before, but now I know to look out for the debut album. I do like their sound. They are truly talented. Thanks dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I would have guessed they were sisters, they look so similar and are so in sync with one another.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!