Saturday, March 14, 2015

Paramore - Use Somebody (Kings of Leon Cover)



This next post, I’m sharing is an oldie but a goodie. The cover I’m sharing is Paramore’s cover of Kings of Leon’s “Use Somebody” from the BBC Live Lounge back in 2009. “Use Somebody” was such a huge song for Kings of Leon back in 2008-2009 so it was awesome to see Paramore cover it. Paramore’s cover of  “Use Somebody” is one of my favorite covers of the song. I’m a huge Paramore fan and I just love the simplicity of Hayley Williams’ vocals and Josh Farro and Taylor York’s acoustic guitar playing. Like I’ve said in past posts, I’m a huge fan of songs and performances that are simple and this definitely caught my attention when I first saw it. Since this performance is from 2009, you can see that original guitar player Josh Farro is still present and in the band. Josh and his brother, drummer Zac Farro left Paramore in 2010. Although they left the band, Paramore is still together and continues to play music. Thankfully, they are still together because I’m such a huge fan of theirs. I will always be a Paramore fan no matter what happens. Paramore has influenced me so much in my musical journey and I think that’s why I’m such a huge fan. When I was in a band around this time, Paramore was such a huge influence on me and my band mates at the time. We also saw Paramore live together as a band multiple times which are times that I will really remember and cherish forever because it reminds me of being a teenager and not having to worry about anything other then music. I truly miss those days when Paramore still had the Farro brothers. Like I said, no matter what happens, Paramore will always be one of my favorite bands.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good, I like Paramore...its cool to see how much they've all changed as a band camparing this video to how they sound now, still a good band then but even better now.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!