This blog will feature aspiring musicians/artists and also established musicians/artists.
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Chvrches
So speaking of Justin Timberlake, this past week, Chvrches covered “Cry Me A River” on BBC radio. Chvrches is an electronic, synthpop band from Glasgow, Scotland. I first heard of Chvrches when my brother told me about them. Their most recognized song is probably “The Mother We Share”. That was the first song I heard of theirs and immediately became a fan. Right when I heard it, I immediately bought their CD/debut album “The Bones of What You Believe”. They consist of vocalist Lauren Mayberry, who also plays synths and samplers, Iain Cook, who plays synths, guitar, bass, and sings also, and Martin Doherty, who also plays synths, samplers, and does vocals also. They have a pretty interesting setup when they perform. I haven’t seen them live yet but I plan to really soon as they will be performing at Pitchfork Music Festival this summer at Union Park. Chvrches started when Iain invited Lauren to sing on some demo songs had had recorded with Martin. Right after they formed, they began sharing their songs online and immediately got popular on music blogs. They played many gigs before releasing their debut album. It took a while for their debut album to come out because they wanted to make sure that their record contract gave them creative freedom. I totally agree with this because as an artist/musician, you want the creative freedom to try anything. You wouldn’t want someone telling you how your music should sound like right? You should have the power and control of how your music sounds and how you create it. I hope you enjoy this cover as much as I did and here’s a bonus video of them performing their song “The Mother We Share”. Enjoy…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a Justin Timberlake fan, as well as a Chvrches fan! I too, look forward to Pitchfork Festival and seeing them perform. Interesting cover choice, I wonder why they picked an older JT song. An "electric Timberlake" was still good. Much thanks.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Yeah, I'm planning on going to Pitchfork too to see them! I was actually wondering the same thing of why they chose "Cry Me A River" but hey it was an awesome choice and you can't go wrong with a JT song. Glad you liked it man!
Delete