Saturday, February 7, 2015

"Uptown Funk" Cover by Fall Out Boy



For this post, I’m going to share Fall Out Boy’s cover of “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars. I’ve been a Fall Out Boy fan for a long time now and I have to say they are one of my favorite bands. They’ve influenced me so much in my musical journey. When I first started playing guitar and started singing, I would learn their songs and I listen to vocalist Patrick Stump’s voice. They are all talented musicians and I’ve had the pleasure of meeting them a couple of times through out the past couple of years. Plus, they’re from Wilmette, Illinois, which isn’t too far from Chicago. I learned how to sing, play guitar, play drums, and play bass because of them. I’ve seen them live many times over the past couple of years and I have to say that they always perform with so much energy and so much passion. 

When I was in a band with some of my best friends, I would imitate Patrick Stump’s vocals and his stage presence. I even had a guitar that was similar to his. I wanted to be Patrick because he’s so talented and such a humble guy. He’ll forever be one my of idols and one of my heroes. He influenced me so much as a musician. His vocals in this cover are just amazing. He can sing anything. If you get the chance, watch this youtube video of him singing a Michael Jackson medley. I promise you will not be disappointed: http://youtu.be/NYk1HZeA7SM

Enjoy this version of “Uptown Funk” by Fall Out Boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!