Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ed Sheeran - Stay With Me (Sam Smith Cover)



Since we’re fresh off Grammy week this past weekend, I’m sharing Ed Sheeran’s cover of Sam Smith “Stay With Me”, which won Sam 4 Grammys last weekend. This song has been heard everywhere the past year. I first heard it last April when Sam Smith performed on Saturday Night Live. That’s actually the first time I heard about him also. When I heard the song I immediately connected to the lyrics. I’m pretty sure that’s why this song was really popular. Everyone that heard it, probably immediately connected to it because we’ve all had that moment where we’ve wanted that one special person to just stay with us no matter what’s happening. Sam is such an amazing vocalist. I’ve listened to his album “In The Lonely Hour” and his voice has so much soul and emotion to it that you just feel the lyrics and melodies he’s singing. Two of my favorite songs off that album are songs titled “Like I Can” and “Lay Me Down”. With those two songs, you just feel so much emotion in them. If you get a chance to listen to the album, you won’t be disappointed.

I’m also a huge fan of Ed Sheeran. I’ve seen Ed perform when he opened up for Taylor Swift on her “Red” tour two years ago and I was immediately blown away. When he performed it was just him and his guitar for his whole set and it was amazing. He also has so much heart and soul in his voice. He has also has song on the top of the charts right now called “Thinking Out Loud” which is probably one of my favorite songs from him. I also connected to that song immediately when I heard it. For me, if I immediately connect to the song, I’m a fan of the artist and the song, which is why I’m a fan of both Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran. Enjoy this cover of “Stay With Me” by Ed Sheeran!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!