Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chris Aguilar & Christian Inciong - Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran Cover)



Speaking of Ed Sheeran’s song “Thinking Out Loud”, I’d like to share a cover version of it that I recorded last summer with my cousin Christian. My cousin Christian was actually the first one to show me this song when Ed’s album “X” came out. Like I said in the last post, I immediately connected to it the first time I heard it. Right when I heard it, I picked up my guitar and spent the next couple of days figuring out the chords and how to play it. When I finally figured it out, I showed Christian and we decided to record a cover of it. It’s such a beautiful song. It’s actually number one on the iTunes charts as I type this which is awesome because both my cousin Christian and I predicted that this song would be popular at some point. When I first heard it on the radio, we both weren’t surprised. I’m glad that Ed’s finally getting the recognition that he deserves because he’s such a talented musician and songwriter. He performed this song at the Grammys last weekend with John Mayer, Herbie Hancock, and Questlove, which was an amazing performance and everyone is still talking about it. It’s awesome to see such talented musicians perform together. It gives us musicians some hope that we can one day be at the Grammys and get to play our music. For me, “Thinking Out Loud” makes me think of every feeling I’d like to one day have with someone special. It gives me hope that there’ll be a moment when I’m with that special person. I think that’s why this song speaks to me so much. I hope you enjoy our version and thanks for checking it out! Also, remember to continue to follow me on Twitter as I post more cover videos and share them at: @thechrisaguilar and also on my YouTube page!


Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Good job as a live performance. I like the song. I still wish that I could play the guitar. Do you have any other covers of Ed Sheeran's songs? I will also look for other videos that you record with live performances. great job Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my cover man! So far this is the only Ed Sheeran song I've covered but I'm planning on doing another one soon. Thanks again for watching it!

      Delete
  2. Lol oh Chris your covers are gold and your guitar sounds amazing! Lol sounds amazing! More Covers ???!! Take Request??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude! Yeah, I love my Taylor acoustic guitar. I've actually done a couple of covers after "Thinking Out Loud". You can check those out at my Youtube channel at youtube.com/therealcjchris2589. I'll take a song request, let me know! Thanks again for watching man!

      Delete

Tell me what you think!