This blog will feature aspiring musicians/artists and also established musicians/artists.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Ellie Goulding
For this post, I’m gonna share an oldie but a goodie. I’m sharing Ellie Goulding’s cover of Elton John’s “Your Song”. This is probably one of my favorite covers of “Your Song”. I’ve been a fan of Ellie’s for a while now and I’m so glad that she’s getting all the attention for her music now. I first heard of her when I worked at the Gap back in 2010. Her song “Lights” was on rotation on the store CD. I kept hearing it a lot and I finally decided to check out the rest of her music. Right when I played her debut album “Lights”, I immediately became a fan. I told everyone I knew to check out her music and that they wouldn’t be disappointed and I was right. It’s funny when I started listening to her music, her song “Lights” started to get radio play on many radio stations in the city. She released her second album “Halcyon” in 2012. This album was a departure from her first one because it was a darker album. I’ve seen Ellie perform live back in 2013 at the Aragon Ballroom and I was definitely amazed by her performance. She plays guitar also and during some of her songs, she had a drum on the stage next to her and she would play it while singing. She has such a beautiful and amazing voice, which is why I’m a fan of hers. She’s had many of her songs remixed and also has a couple of songs on movie soundtracks, the recent song being “Love Me Like You Do” which is on the “50 Shades of Grey” soundtrack. I’m a fan of hers and will always be a fan. Here’s her most recent song “Love Me Like You Do”:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dude she is good!! her music in the god of war game trailer was so on point, and the lights single was an instant ear catcher
ReplyDeletecool post man.. I like Ellie, I think she has a really good voice
ReplyDelete